Let’s be honest. Most of us might have good taste, but most of us don’t have extensive “design” knowledge. That’s okay though, Best Bully Sticks knows you love your dog and they love you, who cares if you don’t know what the Bauhaus is. That’s where Kelly Beall comes in.
Kelly, design aficionado and author of Design Crush, is also a dog-lover and she showed us that good design and good dog treats really have more in common than you might think. With a recipe that’s simple, easy to “operate” yet very enjoyable, Kelly has merged the dog treat and design worlds. These Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Dog Treats were made for her pups Piper and Bebe and they look pretty satisfied don’t they? (photos below!)
Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Dog Treats via Design Crush
• 2 1/2 C whole wheat flour
• 2 eggs
• 3/4 C pumpkin puree
• 3 Tbsp all-natural peanut butter
2. Place all ingredients in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, use your paddle attachment. Mix on low for about a minute or until the dough starts to come together. It won’t be one big ball yet, but a bunch of smaller ones.
3. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Work it together into a large ball, then roll it out to about 1/4″ thickness. You can use a cookie cutter for shapes or a knife to cut strips. (I used a 1″ 2-sided biscuit cutter.) Roll out the scraps again and again until there’s not enough dough left to work with.
4. Place the treats on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. They don’t expand, so 1/2″ between treats is enough.
5. Bake 30 minutes. Let cool completely. Makes 75+ 1″ treats.
A BIG thanks to Design Crush (aka Kelly) for sharing this great treat recipe with Best Bully Sticks! Check out all of BBS‘s Weekly Drool Recipes for great ideas on special treats for your pup! If you didn’t catch it, we’re using Pumpkin in this recipe! Can anyone smell Fall just around the corner? Stay tuned for Fall recipes coming soon!
Enjoy & Bone Appétit!