Having itchy irritated hot spots is no walk in the dog park. Hot spots (acute moist dermatitis) are inflamed, infected areas of your dogs skin caused by excessive licking, scratching flea infestation, allergies, tangled or matted fur . Hot spots symptoms are characterized by redness, oozing, itchiness and hair loss. Is your dog barking for some relief? Well, Aloe Vera can be used as a topical remedy on your dogs fur & coat to soothe and heal your dogs itchy hot spots Here are a few tips on using and applying Aloe Vera on your dogs infected hot spots to give your dog some much needed relief fast.
1. Carefully trim the fur away from the severely affected hot spots on your dogs body.
2. Soak a clean washcloth in cool water. Gently cleanse the hot spots.
3. Apply a thin layer of 100% pure aloe vera gel to the hot spots. For added relief, add a drop of essential oil of lavender or tea tree oil to the aloe vera gel.
4. Repeat this process every day, once or twice a day, until the hot spots begin to heal.
5. Once or twice a week, give your dog a cool bath with a dog shampoo infused with Aloe Vera and colloidal oatmeal. Apply the Aloe Vera gel to its hot spots after it is dry.
**Practice caution when using Aloe Vera. NEVER use it internally on your dog or allow your pet to ingest it. Speak with vet prior to using Aloe Vera on your dog. Always remember to consult vet if itching is persistent and does not get any better. This could be a tell tail sign of something more serious.