Spring is in the air, and so is seasonal allergies. Pollen, dust mites and other allergens can drive you and your dog mad. So, what are the signs your dog may have allergies? Good question! If your dog is sneezing, itching, chewing his or her fur, incessantly biting & licking paws, has skin or ear inflammation or experiencing hair loss the culprit may be allergies. But have no fear there is relief, here are a few ways to treat and sooth your dog’s allergy symptoms.
1. Cool off, with a cool bath. One way to relieve the itch is to soak your furry friend in a cool bath. Fill the tub with cool (not cold) water and let your dog soak for at least fifteen minutes daily. To make bath time even more soothing, add a handful of oatmeal to the bath water. But first, run the oatmeal through your blender or food processor to grind it into a fine powder that will form a protective film on your dog’s irritated skin.
2. Antihistamine’s are your friend! Try giving your dog an over-the-counter antihistamine like Benadryl. Allergies in dogs trigger the production of histamines, the cause of the irritation and itching. One 25mg tablet is enough for a fifty-pound dog so split the pill accordingly if your dog weighs less. In addition, keep some yogurt or unsweetened pumpkin puree on hand to give your dog if he develops diarrhea from the anti-histamine. As always consult your vet for proper dosage and advice on the subject.
3. Fish Oil to the rescue! Add fatty acid supplements , like salmon oil to your dog’s diet works wonders. Salmon Oil provides the nutrients for healthy dog skin and fur, add some daily into their food dish.
4. Stay indoors. If your dog is having a really bad allergic reaction to pollen it is probably best that your dog stays in doors. Although you may have to deal with a whiny dog, it is better then having to deal with a sick pup.
5. Clean Sweep. Keep the house spotlessly clean if dust mites are the catalyst for your dog’s allergies. Wash her bedding once a week and vacuum daily, emptying the vacuum bag immediately. Make a very weak tea solution and keep it in a plastic spray bottle to lightly mist the air indoors, killing numerous dust mites.
6. Paw Soak. If your dog is biting, chewing or licking his paws then a soothing & healing paw soak in Epsom salt might do the trick.
Best Bully Sticks News!
Become a Facebook Fan, “Like” our page & Help us reach 5,000 fans.
How Can You Give Back To Barkworthy Rescues and Shelters Across the Globe? Click to Give a $1 at Checkout!
Well, we we tell you how you can help Best Bully Sticks support them. With your help we can save lives one $1 at a time and no animal needs to suffer.
Participate in our Best Bully Sticks $1 Donation Program by shopping on www.bestbullysticks.com and clicking to donate a $1 at checkout. For every $1 you donate at checkout we will donate a $1 with a 100% of the proceeds going to rescues and shelters in need across the country. The money raised will help with out reach, basic animal necessities and rescue programs. Donations raised monthly by you will be given to 3 lucky rescues during our ongoing monthly Best Bully Sticks Rescue Shelter Giveaway.
NEW! PRICE-MATCH GUARANTEE!
We are so confident that we offer the best prices at www.bestbullysticks.com that we now match ANY online vendor price on any item we sell!
If you find anything on www.bestbullysticks.com for less on another website (excluding Amazon and Ebay), let us know and we’ll credit the difference to you. It must be the same item. For bulk items, we’ll try our best to match the price. Email us at email@example.com with any questions or to take advantage of this great new service.
Is your dog barking for his or her time in the spotlight?
If you would like your dog spotlighted or want to recommend a dog breed you love for our next Best Bully Sticks Spotlight on a Breed entry please send us an email or tweet @bestbullysticks. Don’t forget to send over a photogenic pic of your dog as well.
Give the gift of a good chew. Delicious & all natural, the way nature intended!
Take The Guessing Out Of Gift Giving With A Best Bully Stick Gift Certificate!
But what do you do for the pampered pup or feline that has everything? Hmmm..For the pet that has everything give a Best Bully’s Gift Certificate and take the guessing out of gift giving! This is a great way for you to give that furry special someone in your life or loving pet owner a special gift by allowing them to select the exact products their furry companion are looking for.
A picture is worth a thousand words, or shall we say free bully sticks!
Our photo gallery is growing constantly, please submit a photo of your dog enjoying any of our products to enter our twice monthly contest! Each month we will have a drawing on those customers who submitted pictures to the gallery and a winner will be chosen and posted on the site. The winner will win more bully sticks!