We recently stumbled upon VegAnnie, a blog based on the principles of food, happiness and health. With recipes for both humans and dogs, weight loss tips and more, Annie shares her knowledge as a holistic health coach and PhD student.
Check out this awesome recipe from VegAnnie!
Cost per serving: $0.64
Calories per serving: 356
Equipment you’ll need: stock pot, baking sheet
Ingredients *Makes 3 servings
1 large sweet potato
2/3 C. uncooked brown rice and 1 1/3 C. water (yields 2 C. cooked)
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
6 kale leaf stems, broken into 1 inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Line baking sheet with tin foil.
3. Pierce sweet potato with a fork multiple times around the sweet potato.
4. Place on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour.
5. While sweet potato is baking, cook rice. Bring rice and water to a boil in stockpot. Lower temperature and simmer (covered) for about 45 minutes.
6. Chop sweet potatoes into small pieces when cooled.
7. Combine rice, beans, sweet potatoes, and kale stems and separate into 3 equal servings.
8. Serve your pup this delicious and nutritious meal and see how much they love it!
Check out Annie’s other dog food recipes here.