We at Best Bully Sticks love DIY Dog Treat recipes because you know everything that goes into what you are feeding your dog. Some dog treats (not including ours!) can include a laundry list of ingredients, some with unpronounceable words. Healthy treats like this have as little as four, two of which are a fruit or vegetable. To add to the fun, you can make these treats in a heart shape or cookie cutter of your choice.
- 1/2 cup mashed carrots
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup Bully Stick Flakes
- 1/3 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix together mashed carrots, applesauce, and honey
- Add Bully Stick Flakes and mix
- Add the quick oats and mix well
- Roll out dough and use a cookie cutter or knife to cut 1 inch thick treats
- Cook treats for 15 minutes
For more tasty dog treat recipes, see the Healthy Dog Blog’s other Drool Dog Recipes.