Martha Stewart has done it again! We have the dog treat recipe that your dog has been craving. Hey be fair warned, after just one bite your dog is gonna be begging you for these scrumptious & healthy homemade Izzy Apple Cheddar Dog Biscuits. What we love about this dog treat recipe is that it is just as easy for you to make as it is for your dog to devour.
Makes about 16
- 2 cups barley flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients and about 3 tablespoons water to form a dough. Roll out mixture between two sheets of plastic wrap to 1/4-inch thick; remove plastic wrap and cut out biscuits with a 3 1/2-inch bone-shaped cookie cutter. Reroll scraps and continue cutting out biscuits.
- Space biscuits 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes until nicely browned and firm.
- Transfer biscuits to a wire rack. Turn off oven and place biscuits on wire rack in oven overnight. Remove from oven and store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
*** If your dog is on a special diet always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate & safe.