Is your dog on a snacking spree? There is nothing more rewarding then a crispy, crunchy and tantalizing dog biscuit for a job well done. We came across a deliciously amazing recipe for any dog on their best doggy behavior. If you want to score some brownie points with your dog and get your dog doing back flips bake up some Green Apple Pie and Cheddar Dog Biscotti. This biscotti recipe is a wonderful treat to show man’s best friend that they are truly loved. Go head Fido you have our permission to salivate!
- 2 cups pastry flour or unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ green apple, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup natural Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, apple, and cheese into a mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in the canola oil. Combine with an electric mixer on medium speed using a paddle attachment. Mix until crumbly.
- Add the water all at once and mix until it is just combined. The mixture should form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and shape into a flat disc. Place the disc on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough to ½-inch thickness.
- Bake 18–25 minutes till it is dry and firm to the touch. Remove the dough from the oven and cool slightly.
- Using either a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into ½-inch strips. Rotate the pan and cut the strips into ½-inch cubes.
- Separate the cubes and return the pan to the oven; bake the biscuits another 15–20 minutes. Remove the biscotti from oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.