Looking for a pooch friendly and savory recipe? Well you got to check out this simple, easy and nutritious doggy meatloaf recipe (the ultimate comfort food!). This enticing recipe will get dogs lips drooling and tails wagging!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices white bread, torn into pieces
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a large roasting pan with oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, 3 stalks of celery, grated carrots, apple, eggs, bread, oats, wheat germ and tomato paste using your hands. Divide the meat mixture into four equal parts and make loaf shapes. Place the loaves in the roasting pan. Surround them with the potatoes, remaining carrots and remaining celery. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Bake for 80 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the meat is cooked through. The internal temperature should be 175 degrees F (80 degrees C) when taken with a meat thermometer. Allow to cool.
- Portion the food into containers with one loaf and one quarter of the vegetables in each one. Refrigerate. To serve, give your dog 1/3 of a container with each portion of kibble.
Courtesy of allrecipes.com