Is your dog being constantly tormented and irritated (pun intended) by ticks, mosquito, fleas and tail biting bugs? With summer just around the corner its time to tick & bug proof you and your dog prior to those fun filled hikes, outdoor excursions & camping trips. Ticks are carriers of many disease including Lyme Disease and dogs and humans can fall victim. Like anything, the best cure is prevention. But before you start praying yourself & your furry buddy with harsh insecticides, we have a safer & healthier solution. All natural tick repellent is a great alternative to chemical repellents because it is safe, non-toxic and has no adverse side effects.Our friends at ehow came up with an all natural tick recipe to take the bite out of the dog days of summer.
All Natural Tick Repellent Recipe for You & Your Dog
1. Place a funnel into the top of a 12-ounce or larger bottle.
2. Pour 10 oz. of jojoba oil or aloe vera gel through the funnel into the bottle. The jojoba oil or aloe vera gel will serve as a base to dilute the neem oil. The oil is more effective at making the natural tick repellent stick to the skin or fur, but some people find the oil to be too greasy. If you prefer, substitute the jojoba oil for a different base oil, such as almond or olive oil.
3. Pour 1/2 oz. of organic neem oil through the funnel into the bottle.
4. Fasten the spray nozzle lid onto the bottle and shake the bottle for five minutes to combine the ingredients.
5. Shake the natural neem tick repellent before each use. Spray it lightly onto your dog’s fur, avoiding eyes, ears, nose or genitals, once every two weeks. You can even apply the neem oil liberally onto your skin before hiking or going into wooded areas. In the event that an allergic reaction occurs, such as irritation or rash, wash the Neem tick repellent off using soap and water.