Dry, itchy skin can leave your dog feeling miserable and you going crazy over your dogs incessant scratching. All this scratching can be unbearable to watch and give you the itches. Well we are here to remedy the situation. Here are some easy, safe and natural remedies to soothe dry, itchy skin and give your dog some relief.
1. Vinegar & Water. Calm the itch by wetting the area with a solution of half vinegar and half cold water.
2. Oatmeal. Another remedy is to put a half cup of oatmeal in a quart of water, bring to a boil, strain, and let it cool to room temperature. Pat the mixture on the itchy spots.
3. Olive Oil & Lavender. Mix one half cup of olive oil with one half teaspoon of lavender essential oil. Dip a cotton ball in the oil mixture and rub on the itchy areas.
4. Fish Oil. Apply fish oil directly to the skin and coat; or put a bit of the oil in your dog’s food once or twice a week or give as a fish oil capsule. Consult vet for proper dosage.
5. Aloe Vera. Aloe vera soothes and moisturizes dry or itchy skin. Cut open some leaves from an aloe vera plant and strip out the pulp. Gently massage the pulp and juice into your dog’s skin.
Consult vet if itching is persistent and does not get any better. This could be a tell tail sign of something more serious.
Do you have a bone to pick with us?
Our dog chews & bones are all natural, and from either Brazilian or US meat sources. If you have a highly aggressive chewers then you came to the right place. Your dogs will fall in love with our grrreat selection, while you go gaga over our amazing prices! We are constantly adding new dog bones & chews, so make sure to check back often. Better yet sign up for our newsletter and receive the inside scoop on new products, special saving & discounts & stay up to date on Best Bully Sticks happenings for 2010. We have some wonderful things in store worth barking about, so sniff around our site daily!
Offering you more of the best of the best-with your input!
Since you are our most valuable resource and we want Best Bully Sticks to be your go-to source for great pooch stuff, we need your help! Please let us know what you think we should offer, and how you think we can improve our website, for your best possible shopping experience with us. We will carefully consider all ideas.
Give the gift of a good chew. Delicious & all natural, the way nature intended!
Please make sure to check out our growing selection of dog treats, dog chews, and of course our bully sticks . Try our NEW Odorless Odor free all natural free range bully sticks!
A picture is worth a thousand words, or shall we say free bully sticks!
Our photo gallery is growing constantly, please submit a photo of your dog enjoying any of our products to enter our twice monthly contest! Each month we will have a drawing on those customers who submitted pictures to the gallery and a winner will be chosen and posted on the site. The winner will win more bully sticks!