Thanksgiving is next week! Turkey Day is a wonderful day to get stuffed—both full of great food and blessings! Remembering the wonderful companionship of your pooch-pal should definitely be on your list, too, so remember to give thanks to Fido! Whip up these hearty and healthy treats from Doggy Dessert Chef to show your gratitude to your “heartbeat at your feet.” Full Turkey Pup-Cakes dog treat recipe below!
- 1 pound ground Turkey, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 stick Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
For an everyday great turkey treat try our all natural Turkey dog treats! From Turkey Feet, Turkey Necks, Jerky and more, with these treats you might start to hear your dog “gobble!” (Directions after “Read More”)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a muffin tin or line with paper cups.
2. In a medium bowl mix whole wheat flour and baking powder then set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix cooked ground turkey, cranberries, pumpkin puree, butter, milk and egg.
4. Once well combined add the flour mixture and stir until mixed.
5. Spoon cupcake batter into muffin tin until 1/2 full, flatten to fill the cups.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle come out clean.
7. Cool 5 minutes in pans then remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
Top with a scoop of mashed potatoes and parsley for extra fanciness!
Makes 3 dozen pup-cakes
Best Bully Sticks is thankful for great doggy bloggers like Doggy Dessert Chef who love dogs as much as we do! Thanks, Tennille, for letting us share your amazing recipes with our readers and customers!
Show your dog your gratitude every day by giving them a wholesome, all-natural dog chew—like bully sticks!