Comfort food is a short-term cure for the winter blues. A chilly night paired with a warm meal can make you forget about dreary winter days at least for a while. BestBullySticks.com knows your dog is no different. Give your dog a warm and healthy treat with this easy doggy comfort food recipe, Turkey Pot Hold-The Pie.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 pound deli-sliced turkey, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. In a small skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour for 1 minute, then whisk in the chicken broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the turkey, veggies and parsley and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool to almost room temperature, then serve.
Makes: 4 servings • Prep: 10 mins • Cook: 10 mins
Want more easy dog recipes? Check out all of Best Bully Sticks Weekly Drool Recipes to whip something up for your pup!
Recipe and photo courtesy of Rachael Ray.