You don’t have to be an accomplished baker to create a homemade batch of dog treats. The secret ingredient is a little bit of love sprinkled in! Whether or not you are an avid baker or its your first time getting your hands messy in the kitchen these Tender Tummy Biscuits are easy and simple to bake & master. Best part is that this recipe is tasty and doggy approved! We hope this recipe will inspire you to get in the kitchen with Fido. Bone Appetit!
1 cup brewed chamomile tea
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup cooked white rice
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 cup chicken, skinned, boiled, and chopped to 1/2-inch cubes
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Brew a cup of chamomile tea, and allow it to cool to room temperature. (It’s never a good idea to use hot liquids when mixing dough.)
3. Place the flours, rice, and parsley in a large bowl, using your hands or a wire whisk to gently mix the dry ingredients.
4. Add the cottage cheese and brewed tea to the dry ingredients, stirring with a sturdy spoon until the dough becomes pliable. Add the diced chicken cubes and stir until they are evenly mixed into the dough, taking care not to over mix.
5. Place the dough on a floured surface and roll out or pat down to a thickness of 1/2 inch. Using a pizza cutter, make horizontal and vertical slices through the dough to form cube shapes. The size of the cubes will be determined by the size of your dog’s jaw.
6. Place the biscuits on a baking sheet or pan covered with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind when working with meat:
1. Always add the diced chicken to the dough last so that you don’t puree the pieces during the mixing and makeup process;
2. Don’t forget to store the finished biscuits in the refrigerator or freezer until your pet has finished them off.
Chamomile This flower has long been celebrated for its soothing properties. It’s thought to calm upset stomachs and promote drowsiness. In fact, chamomile tea is sometimes called nighty-night tea or sleepy tea because of its sleep-inducing ability. Experts say chamomile tea can also boost the immune system and fight infections associated with colds.
Courtesy of K-9 Nation Biscuit Book: Baking for Your Best Friend by Klecko.
Stay tuned for delicious dog recipes every Wednesday in our Weekly Drool Recipes blog series. Check out our other drool-worthy recipes! Also, remember food is meant to be shared! So be a pal and submit your favorite dog recipes to be featured in this delicious blog series by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best Bully Sticks News!
Become a Facebook Fan, “Like” our page & Help us reach 10,000 fans.
When we reach 10,000 fan “Likes” all of our Facebook fans will be eligible to enter a giveaway to win a grand prize. We can’t spill the beans yet! The quicker we get to 10,000 “Likes” the sooner you can learn what that grand prize is. Thanks for “Liking” our page.
Best Bully Sticks Now Offering Free Shipping and Flat Rate Shipping!
Customer Service is #1. You asked for free and flat rate shipping, we listened! All orders over $89 ship free, all under $89 are a flat $6.95.
Give the gift of a good chew. Delicious & all natural, the way nature intended!
Take The Guessing Out Of Gift Giving With A Best Bully Stick Gift Certificate!
But what do you do for the pampered pup or feline that has everything? Hmmm..For the pet that has everything give a Best Bully’s Gift Certificate and take the guessing out of gift giving! This is a great way for you to give that furry special someone in your life or loving pet owner a special gift by allowing them to select the exact products their furry companion are looking for.
A picture is worth a thousand words, or shall we say free bully sticks!
Our photo gallery is growing constantly, please submit a photo of your dog enjoying any of our products to enter our twice monthly contest! Each month we will have a drawing on those customers who submitted pictures to the gallery and a winner will be chosen and posted on the site. The winner will win more bully sticks!