Sweet Potatoes are a fantastic source for vitamins and minerals that your dog can benefit from! They are also rich in antioxidants, great for an upset stomach and are an anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory food! And Best Bully Sticks knows that dogs LOVE sweet potato! We’re happy to feature Pawsh Magazine’s Sweet Potato Nothings dog treat recipe just in time for the fall season. With only 3 ingredients your dog can still enjoy all the benefits of raw sweet potato! Full recipe below.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/4 cup whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water (adjust measurement according to size of potato used)
- Mini-cupcake pan and mini-cupcake liners
1. Wash, peel and dice sweet potato; although you can leave the skins on if desired.
2. Steam sweet potato until it is nice and soft, even a little mushy.
3. Mash sweet potato in a bowl with a fork.
4. Mix in flour and water at the same time to achieve a thick paste.
5. Scoop mixture into mini-cupcake skirts and bake for 40 minutes at 350 until crisp and golden.
6. Allow to cool then treat your pup!
Enjoy & Bone Appétit!
Thanks to Pawsh Magazine for sharing the Sweet Potato Nothings dog treat recipe and photos! Check out more tasty treats for your pooch in our Weekly Drool Recipe category! Think of it as your own personal dog-treat recipe box.
For an everyday healthy and natural treat, you can also give your dog our Yummy Yam Dog Chews!