Start off Fido on the right foot (or paw) in the New Year! Plan your New Year’s meal the traditional way—with the good luck foods of New Years! Doggy Dessert Chef provides a yummy, hearty treat to whip up for Fido on New Year’s. With great ingredients like collard greens and bacon, your dog will certainly count himself lucky! (see below for full recipe)
Aren’t familiar with traditional New Year’s foods? In many areas of the US (and even the world) eating certain foods is thought to bring good luck in the coming year. Greens, like collards, kale and chard, are thought to bring monetary good fortune. (Greens to “Make Green”?) Many Danish and German folk as well as U.S. Southerners participate. Same goes for pork! Pigs are thought to symbolize progress (pigs root themselves forward), wealth and prosperity and this juicy meat is eaten all around the world on New Year’s Day. Read this great synopsis of traditional New Year’s good luck food for more info!
If your dog loves pork, check out our entire line of all natural pork dog treats at BestBullySticks.com!
- 4 slices Bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup frozen Chopped Collard Greens, thawed
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 cup Soy Flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large bowl mix all ingredients until well combined.
3. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a heavily floured surface as thin as you can, cut with the cookie cutter of your choice.
4. Place on your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until crisp at the edges. Cool and refrigerate.
Bone Appétit & Enjoy!
Thanks to Doggy Dessert Chef for providing this great recipe and photos!