As humans we know the importance of adding vegetables to our daily diet. What about your dog? Don’t forget to let your dog veg out! Here is a pawsitively perfect summer salad that your canine paw pal will beg for! Dish up a large bowl of Peanut, Orange and Carrot Salad for both you and Fido.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons tamari (dark soy sauce)
- Juice of 1 orange
- One 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- One 1-pound bag shredded carrots
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (for people’s portions only)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, microwave the peanut butter for about 10 seconds to soften. Whisk in the tamari, orange juice and ginger; stir in a splash of hot water if the sauce begins to tighten up.
- Stir the carrots into the dressing and toss. For your pooch, pack a picnic-size portion and label it.
- For the people’s portions, scatter the scallions and peanuts on the remaining salad; season to taste with salt and pepper.
*** Of course not all food and vegetables are healthy for your dog to eat so do your research first. If your dog is on a special diet always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate & safe.
Courtesy of Rachael Ray