Are you and your dog looking for a healthy snack to help power through your day? Whip up a pawriffic fresh fruit smoothie in minutes. This Power Pooch Smoothie recipe gets a round of a paws from Sushi and Espy (doggy approved!). Don’t let the name fool you, this is a sweet treat you both can enjoy. Ready, Set, Blend!
- One 8-ounce container plain yogurt
- 1 cup blackberries or raspberries or 5 large, hulled strawberries
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup ice water
1. Process all the ingredients in a blender at high speed until smooth.
2. Smoothie can be served frozen or unfrozen. Pour pooch smoothies into bowl or freeze in ice cube trays or small bowls.
3. Remove from the freezer, set on the floor and let your pooch lick the treat.
*** If your dog is on a special diet always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate & safe.
Courtesy of Rachael Ray