Treat your dog to a stocking full of goodies and a tasty treat! Nothing say’s yuletide cheer more then homemade dog treats for your four-legged family member. So make the holiday’s more festive and delicious with this Nutter Butter Dog Treat Recipe. Seasons Eatings!
3 1/2 c Whole Wheat Flour (you can substitute white flour)
1 c cornmeal
3/4 c. oatmeal flakes
1 medium apple
1/3 c peanut butter (or use 1/2 c. Chunky Peanut Butter)
1/2 c crushed peanuts (skip if you’re using Chunky Peanut Butter)
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. water
1 tsp vanilla
Makes about 40-1″ dog treats
1. Dice up apple. Don’t bother to peel the apple.
2. Add to a food processor, diced apple, peanut butter, oil, water, eggs and vanilla. Blend until apple is completely emulsified.
3. Add the cornmeal and oatmeal and blend.
4. With the food processor running, gradually add the Whole Wheat Flour until completely incorporated.
5. Add nuts and pulse 2 or 3 times, just enough to mix nuts into the dough. Dough will be thick and sort of rubbery to the touch.
6. Remove dough to a small bowl.
7. Roll 1 tsp of dough into a ball. Depending on the size of your dog, you may want to make a smaller sized ball.
8. Place each ball of dough on a parchment lined baking sheet and press down to form a flat disk. Dog treats do not rise when baked, so whatever size they are going into the oven, is the size they will be when baked.
9. Bake at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes. When treats are done, turn off oven and crack open oven door. Leave treats in oven overnight to dry out.
Stay tuned for delicious dog recipes every Wednesday in our Weekly Drool Recipes blog series. Check out our other drool-worthy recipes! Also, remember food is meant to be shared! So be a pal and submit your favorite dog recipes to be featured in this delicious blog series by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best Bully Sticks News!
Become a Facebook Fan, “Like” our page & Help us reach 10,000 fans.
When we reach 10,000 fan “Likes” all of our Facebook fans will be eligible to enter a giveaway to win a grand prize. We can’t spill the beans yet! The quicker we get to 10,000 “Likes” the sooner you can learn what that grand prize is. Thanks for “Liking” our page.
Best Bully Sticks Now Offering Free Shipping and Flat Rate Shipping!
Customer Service is #1. You asked for free and flat rate shipping, we listened! All orders over $89 ship free, all under $89 are a flat $6.95.
Give the gift of a good chew. Delicious & all natural, the way nature intended!
A picture is worth a thousand words, or shall we say free bully sticks!
Our photo gallery is growing constantly, please submit a photo of your dog enjoying any of our products to enter our twice monthly contest! Each month we will have a drawing on those customers who submitted pictures to the gallery and a winner will be chosen and posted on the site. The winner will win more bully sticks!