It’s not hard to please most dogs, but when you have something they really love, you know it. They’ll pace the floor, whine, bark or even drool. They’ll definitely drool for the homemade dog treats from Sonja at Honey Bee’s Recipes. She whipped up a great recipe just for her pup, Luke, and today’s she’s sharing it with you! Here is Sonja’s recipe for Liver & Rye Dog Treats!
Homemade Dog Treats ~ Liver & Rye
Prep time: 1 hour Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
Serves: 100 cookies
- 2½ cups of rye flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of chicken livers
- 3 tbsp of canola oil
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Dust the baking sheet with rye flour.
3. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse for about 1 minute, or until the dough forms a ball shape.
4. Remove from the food processor and knead briefly into a well-formed dough ball.
5. Transfer directly to the baking sheet.
6. Flatten the ball and shape it carefully into a square.
7. Lightly dust the top of the dough with extra rye flour and roll with a rolling pin into a 10 inch square.
8. Cut the dough with a pizza cutter into 1 inch squares. If you want to get creative, you can use a dog bone cookie cutter to create the cookie shapes.
10. Remove your homemade dog treats from the oven and let them cool in the baking sheet.
11. Once cool, break them apart on the cut lines.
Enjoy & Bone Appétit!
A big THANK YOU to Sonja & Luke at Honey Bee’s Recipes for sharing their amazing homemade dog treat recipe with us!