Fresh. Easy. Quick. That’s sounds like the start of a great recipe! Today, Best Bully Sticks shares a yummy frittata recipe you can make for your dog (or yourself)! A Frittata is an Italian egg dish that is similar to a Spanish omelet. Whatever country of origin, this delectable fried, beaten egg recipe is sure to become a favorite on your pooch’s plate. This recipe also calls for yummy zucchini, which is in season and can most likely be found locally at a farmer’s market near you! Zucchini is full of beta-carotene, calcium, potassium and folates, all of which are great for your pup.
1 baking potato, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons milk
3 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 small zucchini, chopped
1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the potato in a small bowl with enough water to cover and microwave at high power until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain.
3. Add the milk and mash with a fork; let cool. Mix in the eggs.
4. In a medium, ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, over medium heat.
5. Add the zucchini and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the potato/egg mixture and stir to combine. Bake until set, about 10 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake until melted, about 2 minutes more. Let cool, then cut into wedges.
Recipe Note: If your dog turns his nose up at Asiago, use his favorite cheese as a replacement.
Enjoy & Bone Appétit!
Check out all of BBS’s Weekly Drool Recipes! We’ve got yummy Summer recipes and more!
(Recipe & photo courtesy of Rachael Ray)