No one can resist a good beefy meatball. Well, we have the perfect snack or training treat for that will get that furry meat-lover in your life to sit and beg! Your dog will go crazy over these tiny, meaty morsels packed with flavor. If your dog is a vegan, no worries– you can opt to leave out the meat. One thing we love about this Cheesy Marvelous Mutt Meatballs is that they are a great way to disguise your dog’s vitamins and medication, making medication time something for you and your dog to look forward to each day!
If your dog is a vegan, you can opt to leave out the meat.
- 1/2 pound ground beef (you can substitute for chicken, lamb etc)
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric (great for digestion)
Preheat the oven to 400°. Grease a muffin pan or a baking sheet. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Fill each muffin tin with about 1/4 cup of the mixture, or form the mixture into 10 balls and place on the baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a rack.
***Always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate & safe for you to share with your pet in the event your dog may be on a special diet.