Best Bully Sticks has another tasty installment of Weekly Drool Recipes for you today! Easy and perfectly snackable for your pooch, Beefy Sweet Potato Animal Crackers from Erica & Mochi over at For the Love of Pooch will have your dog drooling! So break out your animal cookie cutters and get baking!
- 3 C. of whole wheat flour (regular or white)
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 jar of beef and gravy baby food
- 1 jar of sweet potato baby food
- 1/4 C. skim milk
- 1/4 C. water
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, egg, olive oil, baby food, skim milk, and water together. Dough should be stiff.
3. Roll the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick roll. Using mini animal cookie cutters, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
Store in an airtight container once on counter after thoroughly cooled for up to 2 weeks. Waiting until cooled is an important step; condensation can build and the moisture will cause treats to mold.
For longer shelf life: store in fridge for up to 2 months. Store in freezer for up to 8 months.
Tip: Write date on plastic bag to keep track of expiration date.
Bone Appétit & Enjoy!
Thanks to Erica & Mochi at For the Love of Pooch for the great recipe and photo!
To find the perfect, homemade dog treat for your pup, browse all of BestBullySticks Weekly Drool Recipes! And for an every day dog treat favorite, you can never go wrong with an all-natural bully stick!