This week, Best Bully Sticks brings you a no-fuss recipe: 1-Ingredient Sweet Potato Treats. These yummy, healthy and easy dog snacks come from Sharon at Perfect Parties.com. Sharon began whipping up dog treats because when she adopted her Cane Corso, Avalanche’s Cinizia Juniper Belle, or Cinzia for short.
When Cinzia became the newest member of our family, I began baking treats for her. I love baking homemade dog treats because I know exactly what ingredients are going into Cinzia’s treats. I can add the flavors she enjoys and since they are homemade, the ingredients are fresh and preservative free. One of her favorite snacks is the Sweet Potato Treats.
Here is Sharon & Cinzia’s 1-Ingredient Sweet Potato Treats recipe!
3 Large Sweet Potatoes: washed and dried about the same shape/size works best
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cut your sweet potato in half lengthwise.
4. Place flat side of halved potato onto your cutting board and slice into 1/3 inch lengthwise pieces. Do not cut thinner than 1/4 inch.
5. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 3 hours turning over halfway through.
7. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Keep refrigerated up to two weeks. Store the additional in the freezer up to 4 months.
A BIG thank you to Sharon at Perfect Parties.com and her dog Cinzia for sharing this wonderful recipe with us!