Traditional Easter lunch or dinner usually consists of ham or lamb. While ham is tasty, BestBullySticks knows that lamb has a lot of health benefits for you and your dog! So if your celebrating Easter with a great meal, don’t leave Fido out! Kirby the Dorkie and his mom, Debby, shared this great lamb dog meal with us for our Easter Edition of the Weekly Drool Recipe!
Lamb, which is great for the coat and skin, is a fatty, calorie dense meat often recommended for lean dogs to gain more weight so you may want to feed this meal sparingly if your dog is borderline chunky like Kirby.
The aroma wafting from the oven kept Kirby in or near the kitchen the entire time just hoping for a bite!
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash*
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sweet mint, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
1. Prepare squash by cutting in half lengthwise, removing seeds, and fibers. Place cut side up in ungreased baking dish. You can season sparingly with a little sea salt and real butter.
2. Pour water in dish until 1/4 inch deep. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until tender. read more…