Does your canine companion have a birthday coming up? Or would you perhaps just like to surprise him with a tasty treat? Well, it’s time to batter up! Whip up a batch of these simple, healthy and delicious Fruit n’ Oat Pupcakes for that special canine in your life. These pupcakes are topped with a special low fat dog-friendly frosting. Dig in!
Pupcake Batter Ingredients
3 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1. Mix bananas and applesauce together, then beat in egg.
2. Toss in all the dry ingredients, and beat until mixed.
3. Bake at 180C (350F) for 25 minutes.
4. Frost when cooled (if desired).
Dog-friendly frosting Ingredients
180g (6 oz) light cream cheese
2 tblsp plain yogurt
2 tblsp honey
1. Beat cream cheese, yogurt and honey until smooth.
2. Add enough flour to thicken until you reach a good spreading consistency.
Courtesy of all-about-cupcakes.com
Stay tuned for delicious dog recipes every Thursday!