Tis the season for baking! While you are baking for friends, coworkers, and neighbors, don’t forget your furry loved one- they deserve a treat too!
Jen at the Scrumptious Pumpkin has an adorable beagle named Calvin, for whom she made Christmas cookies. We saw how much he enjoyed them and knew we had to share this recipe with our fans! We love that it includes pumpkin seeds and cranberries for a festive touch.
- 1 cup rye flour (or substitute rice flour or all-purpose flour)
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 3½ tablespoons olive oil (or substitute organic canola oil)
- 2 tablespoons organic dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
For instructions on how to make this Christmas Cookie, see The Scrumptious Pumpkin blog.
A warm thank you to Jen and Calvin for sharing this Christmas recipe. We hope that you are able to make it sometime soon for a special treat!
Happy Holiday from Best Bully Sticks & Bone Appetit!