Are you thinking about making a huge splash this summer? Summer time means cooling off in the pool, at the lake or near the sea shore. While it’s a lot of fun to splash around with your pet, it can also prove dangerous. So before you and your dog dive into the deep end to doggie paddle. Here are a few precautionary swimming pet safety tips:
1. Never leave pets unattended around a pool.
2. Fence your pool with a secure gate, and never leave your dog inside the fenced pool area unsupervised.
3. Make sure pets can get out of the pool. If dogs jumps or fall in and don’t know how to get out without help, they may panic and drown.
4. Just because it’s called the doggie paddle does not mean your dog is an expert. Not all pets are excellent swimmers, so if water is a big part of your family life, introduce pets to water gradually.
5. On boats, make sure pets wear flotation devices (available at most boating stores), and consult your veterinarian if you think your pet needs seasickness medication.
6. Try not to let pets drink pool water. Chlorine and chemicals used to keep pools free of algae and contaminants can cause pet health problems, such as dry mouth or gastric distress.
7. Try not to let pets drink pond, puddle or lake water, a common source of the Giardia parasite. Giardia is not life threatening, but it causes diarrhea and there is a small possibility that it could be passed to other members of the family.
8. Don’t allow pets to wander river and lake shores alone, where they may find and eat dead fish (smelly, but tasty!). If eaten, your pet may develop serious stomach or intestinal upset.
Best Bully Sticks News!
Become a Facebook Fan, “Like” our page & Help us reach 10,000 fans.
When we reach 10,000 fan “Likes” all of our Facebook fans will be eligible to enter a giveaway to win a grand prize. We can’t spill the beans yet! The quicker we get to 10,000 “Likes” the sooner you can learn what that grand prize is. Thanks for “Liking” our page.
Best Bully Sticks Now Offering Free Shipping and Flat Rate Shipping!
Customer Service is #1. You asked for free and flat rate shipping, we listened! All orders over $89 ship free, all under $89 are a flat $6.95.
Give the gift of a good chew. Delicious & all natural, the way nature intended!
Take The Guessing Out Of Gift Giving With A Best Bully Stick Gift Certificate!
But what do you do for the pampered pup or feline that has everything? Hmmm..For the pet that has everything give a Best Bully’s Gift Certificate and take the guessing out of gift giving! This is a great way for you to give that furry special someone in your life or loving pet owner a special gift by allowing them to select the exact products their furry companion are looking for.
A picture is worth a thousand words, or shall we say free bully sticks!
Our photo gallery is growing constantly, please submit a photo of your dog enjoying any of our products to enter our twice monthly contest! Each month we will have a drawing on those customers who submitted pictures to the gallery and a winner will be chosen and posted on the site. The winner will win more bully sticks!