Going to a vet checkup is an important affair and crucial to your pets overall well being. Vet appointments give you the opportunity to address any health concerns or questions you may have for your pet. When visiting your vet it’s always best to provide as much history and background as possible on your pet. In doing so you can ensure your vet can provide the best and most proper treatment plan. Being a responsible and loving pet owner means keeping up with vaccinations and vet check-ups. Here are a few tips for first time vet visitors or if you are switching vets.
1. Gather Medical Records. Obtain copies of previous medical records and bring them along or have them faxed to the new vet office. Records should contain proof of immunizations, test results, diagnoses and treatment of illnesses, including medications. Be prepared to discuss your pet’s medical history and don’t hesitate to address any concerns about previous, recurring or ongoing sickness or disorders.
2. Talk Eating Habits. Be ready to discuss your pet’s eating habits including the type of food and brand, how frequently the pet is fed, whether the pet has a good appetite, if the pet has gained or lost weight recently and what your pet’s normal weight seems to be.
3. Discuss Weird Behavior. Let the vet know about any sudden behavior changes such as lethargy, hyperactivity, aggression, growling, vomiting, urinating/defecating in inappropriate places or a change in urination/bowel movement frequency. If your pet has been vomiting, for instance, let the vet know what you have been feeding your pet, especially if there was a change in food. Also note the duration of time in between the meals and the vomiting. If there has been a change in your pet’s lifestyle coinciding with the change in behavior, be sure to tell the vet.
4. Alert Vet of Physical Abnormalities. Report any suspicious growths, lumps or other things that you may have come across in case the vet overlooks it during the exam.
5. Further Testing. Inquire about testing and prevention for various disorders and illnesses that your pet may be at a higher risk of developing.
6. Preventive Measures. Ask what you can do to keep your pet healthy, including tips for home exams, grooming and dental care. Also ask if the vet feels the food or diet you are feeding is a good choice.
Best Bully Sticks News!
Become a Facebook Fan, “Like” our page & Help us reach 10,000 fans.
When we reach 10,000 fan “Likes” all of our Facebook fans will be eligible to enter a giveaway to win a grand prize. We can’t spill the beans yet! The quicker we get to 10,000 “Likes” the sooner you can learn what that grand prize is. Thanks for “Liking” our page.
Best Bully Sticks Now Offering Free Shipping and Flat Rate Shipping!
Customer Service is #1. You asked for free and flat rate shipping, we listened! All orders over $89 ship free, all under $89 are a flat $6.95.
Give the gift of a good chew. Delicious & all natural, the way nature intended!
Take The Guessing Out Of Gift Giving With A Best Bully Stick Gift Certificate!
But what do you do for the pampered pup or feline that has everything? Hmmm..For the pet that has everything give a Best Bully’s Gift Certificate and take the guessing out of gift giving! This is a great way for you to give that furry special someone in your life or loving pet owner a special gift by allowing them to select the exact products their furry companion are looking for.
A picture is worth a thousand words, or shall we say free bully sticks!
Our photo gallery is growing constantly, please submit a photo of your dog enjoying any of our products to enter our twice monthly contest! Each month we will have a drawing on those customers who submitted pictures to the gallery and a winner will be chosen and posted on the site. The winner will win more bully sticks!