It’s no secret that dogs love bones. But around Halloween, bones take on a whole new meaning! Best Bully Sticks is happy to share a not-so-spooky, yet “bone-chilling” fun dog treat recipe from our friend Aimee & Chuy at Irresistible Pets! Check out the Skeleton Bone Dog Treat recipe below! OooOoooOooo!
For the Bones
- 2 ½ cups non-bleached flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup of water
- 1 chicken bouillon
For the Icing
- 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
Time Required: One 1/2 hours plus freeze time.
Allow 20 minutes for prep plus 30 minutes for baking and 30 minutes to cool
Allow 10 minutes for icing + freeze time
If your dog loves seasonal treats like pumpkin and sweet potato, check out Best Bully Sticks’ entire line of Veggie Dog Treats to please your pup!
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray the cookie pan lightly to prevent the bones from sticking.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together and knead dough until it forms a ball.
3. Take a small piece of dough and roll it like this. (see photo to left.)
4. Place the dough in the bone shaped cookie pan and press it into the shape of the bone.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Take out of the oven and allow the bones to cool. Don’t you just love the cracks? They make them look like real skeleton bones!
7. Mix 1 cup of non-fat plain yogurt with about ½ cup water. Mix well so that there are no lumps.
8. Place the cooled bones into the bowl with the yougurt “dip” and cover the entire bone.
9. Place the “dipped” bone on to wax paper.
10. Place bones in freezer until the yogurt dip is frozen. They were hard in about an hour.
Bone Appétit & Enjoy!
A huge Thank You to Aimee and Chuy at Irresistible Pets for letting us share this spooooky good dog treat recipe!
Check out Best Bully Sticks entire line of all-natural dog treats and chews, like all-natural bully sticks for every day great treats!