Is your dog itching for some relief? Well we have just the thing, a nice, soothing and comfy oatmeal bath. Oatmeal nourishes, moisturizes and soothes the skin. An oatmeal bath leaves an invisible protective oatmeal coating on the skin, protecting it from further itching. Hey this is even great for us humans! Just cue the soothing music and light the aromatherapy candles and you have yourself a spa day. Here’s the simple instructions on making an oatmeal bath for your dog.
1. Blend one cup of plain uncooked oatmeal in a blender until it is a fine powder. Powdering the oatmeal makes the oatmeal dissolve in the water easily. Any type of oatmeal is suitable, as long as it is plain oatmeal. Do not use oatmeal that contains flavorings or sugar.
2. Fill up a bathtub with lukewarm water to a level that will reach the middle of your dog’s chest. Test the temperature of the water on the inside of your wrist. The water should feel comfortably warm. If the water feels cold or hot, adjust the temperature accordingly.
3. Add the cup of powdered oatmeal to the bath water. Use your hand to swish the oatmeal powder around in the water to dissolve the powder. Make sure to mix the oatmeal powder thoroughly so that it does not clump at the bottom of the bathtub. The bath water will turn a milky white color as the oatmeal dissolves.
4. Recheck the temperature of the bath water with the inside of your wrist to make sure that it is still at a comfortable temperature for your dog and adjust it if necessary.
5. Place your dog in the bath water to soak. With your hands, gently scoop some of the oatmeal bath water onto to your dog’s back. Continue to do this every few minutes. Allow your dog to soak in the oatmeal bath for 10 to 15 minutes. Talk to your dog, scoop water on its back and pet it while it soaks.
6. Remove your dog from the oatmeal bath without rinsing the mixture off and gently pat it dry with a clean towel. The oatmeal mixture will leave an invisible protective and nourishing coating on your dog’s skin that will help stop further itching.
You can give your dog an oatmeal bath once a day for up to three days. And once a month thereafter. More frequent baths can irritate your dog’s skin.
Best Bully Sticks News!
Become a Facebook Fan, “Like” our page & Help us reach 5,000 fans.
How Can You Give Back To Barkworthy Rescues and Shelters Across the Globe? Click to Give a $1 at Checkout!
Well, we we tell you how you can help Best Bully Sticks support them. With your help we can save lives one $1 at a time and no animal needs to suffer.
Participate in our Best Bully Sticks $1 Donation Program by shopping on www.bestbullysticks.com and clicking to donate a $1 at checkout. For every $1 you donate at checkout we will donate a $1 with a 100% of the proceeds going to rescues and shelters in need across the country. The money raised will help with out reach, basic animal necessities and rescue programs. Donations raised monthly by you will be given to 3 lucky rescues during our ongoing monthly Best Bully Sticks Rescue Shelter Giveaway.
NEW! PRICE-MATCH GUARANTEE!
We are so confident that we offer the best prices at www.bestbullysticks.com that we now match ANY online vendor price on any item we sell!
If you find anything on www.bestbullysticks.com for less on another website (excluding Amazon and Ebay), let us know and we’ll credit the difference to you. It must be the same item. For bulk items, we’ll try our best to match the price. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to take advantage of this great new service.
Is your dog barking for his or her time in the spotlight?
If you would like your dog spotlighted or want to recommend a dog breed you love for our next Best Bully Sticks Spotlight on a Breed entry please send us an email or tweet @bestbullysticks. Don’t forget to send over a photogenic pic of your dog as well.
Give the gift of a good chew. Delicious & all natural, the way nature intended!
Take The Guessing Out Of Gift Giving With A Best Bully Stick Gift Certificate!
But what do you do for the pampered pup or feline that has everything? Hmmm..For the pet that has everything give a Best Bully’s Gift Certificate and take the guessing out of gift giving! This is a great way for you to give that furry special someone in your life or loving pet owner a special gift by allowing them to select the exact products their furry companion are looking for.
A picture is worth a thousand words, or shall we say free bully sticks!
Our photo gallery is growing constantly, please submit a photo of your dog enjoying any of our products to enter our twice monthly contest! Each month we will have a drawing on those customers who submitted pictures to the gallery and a winner will be chosen and posted on the site. The winner will win more bully sticks!