Summer vacation is just around the corner! One of the ways we love to enjoy the dog days of summer with our pugs is to spend a day or weekend at the beach. Nothing barks doggy paradise then sunny blue skies, sandy shores, cool waters, sea shells and waves rolling in. Almost all dogs love the beach and some fun in the sun. The beach is the perfect place for dogs to frolic, dig, swim, surf, roll, romp, play and get dirty. Here are few beach pet safety tips so you can enjoy time in the sun with your furry beach buddy. Surfs pups!
1. Check to make sure that dog’s are allowed at the beach you will be attending
2. Be law abiding pet owner citizens and make sure you read & understand the beach rules. If a leash is mandatory make sure you leash up and follow the rules.
3. The beach is for obedient and friendly dogs who can be on their best behavior. We recommend obedience classes and training for all dogs, especially if your dog is going to be accompanying on your travels and to public places.
4. Have your dog spayed or neutered, in the event that your dog runs away or becomes lost. Never bring a female dog in heat to the beach or public places, this could cause quite a stir among male dogs.
5. Hydration is key! Bring lots of water for the both of you and a bowl to quench your dog’s thirst in the heat. Collapsible bowls and oblong bowls that clip to a water bottle are available and may be more convenient.
6. Bring dog treats as away to praise & reward your dog for good behavior and to re-charge. Treats are a great way to gain your dogs attention.
7. It is always proper “petiquette” to pick up your dog’s #2 business. Not only is it the right thing to do but at many beaches is a law, those that do not abide may have to pay a hefty fine. Make to pack some biodegradable doggy pickup bags in your beach bag.
8. Dog’s aren’t one to lay in the sun and tan. With bringing your dog to beach their is a higher risk of your dog getting a deadly heatstroke since shade is limited & non-existence. So to ease your mind bring an umbrella so your dog is not in direct sunlight. The umbrella will also help prevent sunburn.
9. Pack your dogs sunscreen because dogs can get sunburn too! You can purchase dog specific sunscreen at your local pet store. Apply sunscreen to your pet. Be sure to use sunscreen on lighter coats and sensitive spots such as the pet’s nose and tips of his ears.
10. Make sure to pack your dogs favorite ball or frisbee for a fun game of fetch in the sand.
11. If your dog is not a great swimmer make sure to bring a doggy life jacket.
12. Bring enough towels to dry off your beachy wet dog and one to lay under your wet sandy dog in the car once your fun day in the sun is done.
13. Make sure your dog has a secure collar with proper id tags and is up-to-date on vaccinations.
NEW! PRICE-MATCH GUARANTEE!
We are so confident that we offer the best prices at www.bestbullysticks.com that we now match ANY online vendor price on any item we sell!
If you find anything on www.bestbullysticks.com for less on another website (excluding Amazon and Ebay), let us know and we’ll credit the difference to you. It must be the same item. For bulk items, we’ll try our best to match the price. Email us at email@example.com with any questions or to take advantage of this great new service.
Refer-A-Friend now offering a 6% discount per referral
Many of you have taken advantage of our Refer-a-Friend/Family Member program, and we extend our heartfelt thanks for that-it’s the biggest compliment you can give us.
Are you new to Refer-A-Friend? It’s simple! Here’s how it works:
*Your friend or family member places their first order with Best Bully Sticks.
*On that first order, your friend or family member types your name and the words “Refer-A-Friend” in the “Comments” section.
*We send you a coupon code for 6% off when their order is placed!
There are no limits to the Refer-A-Friend promotion, so you save 6% off our products every time a new friend or family member places their first order!
Do you have a bone to pick with us?
Our dog chews & bones are all natural, and from either Brazilian or US meat sources. If you have a highly aggressive chewers then you came to the right place. Your dogs will fall in love with our grrreat selection, while you go gaga over our amazing prices! We are constantly adding new dog bones & chews, so make sure to check back often. Better yet sign up for our newsletter and receive the inside scoop on new products, special saving & discounts & stay up to date on Best Bully Sticks happenings for 2010. We have some wonderful things in store worth barking about, so sniff around our site daily!
Offering you more of the best of the best-with your input!
Since you are our most valuable resource and we want Best Bully Sticks to be your go-to source for great pooch stuff, we need your help! Please let us know what you think we should offer, and how you think we can improve our website, for your best possible shopping experience with us. We will carefully consider all ideas.
Give the gift of a good chew. Delicious & all natural, the way nature intended!
Please make sure to check out our growing selection of dog treats, dog chews, and of course our bully sticks. Try our NEW Odorless Odor free all natural free range bully sticks!
A picture is worth a thousand words, or shall we say free bully sticks!
Our photo gallery is growing constantly, please submit a photo of your dog enjoying any of our products to enter our twice monthly contest! Each month we will have a drawing on those customers who submitted pictures to the gallery and a winner will be chosen and posted on the site. The winner will win more bully sticks!