Is your dog pacing nervously, barking excessively, chewing objects, whimpering, urinating or defecating in the house or persistently licking paws? Then your dog may be experiencing anxiety which can be triggered by loud noises, stress, grief, moving, separation or fears. Herbs can be just what mother nature ordered, especially if you have a dog suffering from continuous bouts of anxiety. There are many all natural herbs that we have found to help with calming an anxious and nervous dog. Here are a few safe, all natural, anti-anxiety herb remedies that may offer up some stress relief. These herbs can be found at most natural health food stores.
1. Chamomile. Give your dog chamomile tea, or mix chamomile in with their food. Chamomile will calm your stressed & anxious dog and act as a mild sedative.
2. Oats. Oats are not only healthy for your dog but a great natural and safe remedy to help calm your pup. Mix fully cooked oats with your dog’s food.
3. Lavender. The scent of lavender works wonder to sooth and calm a anxious dog. Put lavender essential oil on a cotton ball or cloth and put it in an area where your dog is frequently, but out of paws reach.
4. Bach Rescue Remedy. A blend of herbs, is a safe, gentle, all-natural form of healing that can reduce your pet’s stress.
5. Valerian. Safe herb that you can use to calm dogs who have trouble with extreme excitability, anxiety and tension. You can purchase Valerian in tinctures, teas and capsules. Take the tincture or powder from the capsule and mix it into your dog’s food or brew a tea for him to drink (make sure tea is cooled down before serving).
As always consult with holistic vet for proper dosage amounts & advice.
Shop Safe & Securely!
We are proud to inform our customers that we now have an Extended Validation SSL Certificate. What does it mean to be EVSSL certified? When shoppers visit a Web site secured with an EV SSL Certificate, high-security browsers will trigger the address bar to turn green and display the name of the organization listed in the certificate as well as the Certificate Authority. The browser and the Certificate Authority control the display, making it difficult for phishers and counterfeiters to hijack your brand and your customers.
Do you have a bone to pick with us?
Our dog chews & bones are all natural, and from either Brazilian or US meat sources. If you have a highly aggressive chewers then you came to the right place. Your dogs will fall in love with our grrreat selection, while you go gaga over our amazing prices! We are constantly adding new dog bones & chews, so make sure to check back often. Better yet sign up for our newsletter and receive the inside scoop on new products, special saving & discounts & stay up to date on Best Bully Sticks happenings for 2010. We have some wonderful things in store worth barking about, so sniff around our site daily!
Offering you more of the best of the best-with your input!
Since you are our most valuable resource and we want Best Bully Sticks to be your go-to source for great pooch stuff, we need your help! Please let us know what you think we should offer, and how you think we can improve our website, for your best possible shopping experience with us. We will carefully consider all ideas.
Give the gift of a good chew. Delicious & all natural, the way nature intended!
A picture is worth a thousand words, or shall we say free bully sticks!
Our photo gallery is growing constantly, please submit a photo of your dog enjoying any of our products to enter our twice monthly contest! Each month we will have a drawing on those customers who submitted pictures to the gallery and a winner will be chosen and posted on the site. The winner will win more bully sticks!