Love is in the air this Valentines Day, but so is bad breath. So pups if you are thinking about puckering up at the kissing booth, think again, it time to press the pause button for a second. Don’t forget to pop in a bark-mint and brush those pearly whites. Canines beware of the bad breath police hounds on patrol, you don’t want to get an embarrassing citation for poor dental hygiene.
Make sure your breath is oh so fresh and clean by brushing 2-3′x per week. Not only will this be a good hit with the ladies & gentlemen but your over health will be improved as well. Here are some tips to make teeth brushing a breeze. The first step of course is to purchase doggy specific toothpaste (comes in many dog-licious flavors) and a toothbrush at your local pet store.
1. Start with small puppy steps by placing a small amount of toothpaste on your finger and allowing your dog to lick it off. This is the part your dog will love.
2. Next, apply another small dab of toothpaste to your finger. Sit beside your dog or straddle him from behind. Cup the top of his muzzle in your hand and gently pull back on the lips. Making sure you praise his or her good behavior.
3. Place your finger on the surface of one of your dog’s front teeth and gum. Massage gently in a circular motion. Your dog will probably be licking at your finger as you do this but that’s okay; he’s getting used to having his tooth & gums massaged.
4. Introduce him to the toothbrush. Allow him to sniff or lick at the brush (sorry pups this is not a chew toy). Place some toothpaste on the brush and allow him to lick it off. Be patient and take as much time as your dog needs to become familiar with the brush.
5. Position the brush against his tooth (whichever tooth is easier to reach and he is most comfortable with) and move it gently in a circular motion.
6. Repeat the above steps for several days, until your dog is completely comfortable with the ritual.
7. Wet the toothbrush and apply a small amount of toothpaste to it. Sit beside or straddle your dog and gently pull back the lips. Begin by brushing the outside tooth surfaces (closest to the lip) of the fangs. Brush gently, in a circular motion, concentrating on the gum line. Spend at least five seconds on each tooth.
8. Move on to the first large teeth in the back of the mouth on each side. Brush gently, in a circular motion, as you did with the fangs. Once your dog and you are comfortable with brushing the fangs and back teeth, you can expand your efforts to include the outer surfaces of the other teeth.
9. Reward your dog with a bully stick, chew or treat!
Become a Facebook Fan, “Like” our page & Help us reach 5,000 fans.
How Can You Give Back To Barkworthy Rescues and Shelters Across the Globe? Click to Give a $1 at Checkout!
Well, we we tell you how you can help Best Bully Sticks support them. With your help we can save lives one $1 at a time and no animal needs to suffer.
Participate in our Best Bully Sticks $1 Donation Program by shopping on www.bestbullysticks.com and clicking to donate a $1 at checkout. For every $1 you donate at checkout we will donate a $1 with a 100% of the proceeds going to rescues and shelters in need across the country. The money raised will help with out reach, basic animal necessities and rescue programs. Donations raised monthly by you will be given to 3 lucky rescues during our ongoing monthly Best Bully Sticks Rescue Shelter Giveaway.
NEW! PRICE-MATCH GUARANTEE!
We are so confident that we offer the best prices at www.bestbullysticks.com that we now match ANY online vendor price on any item we sell!
If you find anything on www.bestbullysticks.com for less on another website (excluding Amazon and Ebay), let us know and we’ll credit the difference to you. It must be the same item. For bulk items, we’ll try our best to match the price. Email us at email@example.com with any questions or to take advantage of this great new service.
Is your dog barking for his or her time in the spotlight?
If you would like your dog spotlighted or want to recommend a dog breed you love for our next Best Bully Sticks Spotlight on a Breed entry please send us an email or tweet @bestbullysticks. Don’t forget to send over a photogenic pic of your dog as well.
Give the gift of a good chew. Delicious & all natural, the way nature intended!
Take The Guessing Out Of Gift Giving With A Best Bully Stick Gift Certificate!
But what do you do for the pampered pup or feline that has everything? Hmmm..For the pet that has everything give a Best Bully’s Gift Certificate and take the guessing out of gift giving! This is a great way for you to give that furry special someone in your life or loving pet owner a special gift by allowing them to select the exact products their furry companion are looking for.
A picture is worth a thousand words, or shall we say free bully sticks!
Our photo gallery is growing constantly, please submit a photo of your dog enjoying any of our products to enter our twice monthly contest! Each month we will have a drawing on those customers who submitted pictures to the gallery and a winner will be chosen and posted on the site. The winner will win more bully sticks!