We always enjoy coming across barkworthy reads. Husband and wife team, Paris Permenter & John Bigley the grrreat masterminds behind DogTipper.com, an online site chalk full of tips & advice for dog lovers, wrote a wonderful article titled “Why Your Dog May Be Your Answer to the Recession”. This article put a huge smile on our face and a wag in Sushi & Espy tail. If you are like us, then you’ve probably watched your spending habits drop and stress levels skyrocket. We have found that the only thing recession proof is the unconditional love of our furry companions. If you love your pets as much as we do, then you will understand why our pugs and spokesdogs Sushi & Espy have been our life preservers during our lowest times. Dogs are our saving grace & keep us smiling during these tough times and are truly worthy of the title “man’s best friend”. This is a sure must read.
Why Your Dog May Be Your Answer to the Recession by DogTipper.com
Tough economic times can impact your life in ways that range from stress to budget cutbacks to lack of social interaction. A dog, though, can be man’s best friend when it comes to recessionary times.
As stress levels rise and spending power diminishes in today’s tough economic times, dog owners are finding that when the going gets tough, the tough go play with their dogs. While there’s no denying that dogs come with fixed costs ranging from food to vet care, your dog can also be your best friend during an economic downturn. Here are nine ways Rover just might be your answer to the recession:
1. He’s a Good Reason to Stay Home. Staying home—rather then heading out and spending money—is never more appealing than when there’s a four-legged friend waiting for you. Suddenly there’s a good reason to dine at home or to choose an afternoon at the dog park rather than the shopping mall.
2. He’s a Great Exercise Partner. Need to save money by cutting back on a fitness club membership? No problem. You’ll never have a more dedicated personal trainer you’re your dog who will remind you—and remind you, and remind you—that it is time to get out and exercise.
3. He Loves Day Trips. Can’t afford that week at a Caribbean resort? Fido’s happy you’re staying home and considering taking him on a day trip to the lake or local park.
4. He Doesn’t Mind Cutbacks. OK, you might not want to opt for a home haircut yourself, but your dog doesn’t mind if you cut out the groomer and just give him a trim yourself.
5. He’s Happy with Used Items. Do the kids want the latest toys in the stores? You won’t have that same pressure from your dog. He’s happy with used toys from garage sales and thrift stores, perfect for playing fetch or romping around the yard.
6. He’s a Great Stress Reliever. Economic problems cause stress, there’s no doubt about it. But it’s a proven fact that dogs are an excellent stress reliever and also do wonders to lower high blood pressure. One look in those big eyes and it’s easy to see why.
7. He’ll Help You Get Out and About. Whether you’ve lost your job and no longer see your usual crowd of people or you’ve just cut back on social events, economic difficulties can mean less social interaction. Your dog, by encouraging you to get out and walk or to play in dog parks, helps you to interact with people with similar interests.
8. He Makes You Feel Like a King. A beleaguered bank account or a pink slip can leave you feeling worthless. All you have to do, though, is look in your dog’s eyes and you know that you’re the best there is. You are the center of his world.
9. He Knows the Best Things in Life are Free. Your dog values your companionship more than anything in the world. Money doesn’t mean a thing to him but you do. There’s no greater gift you can give your dog than your own time.
What ways have your pet helped you cope through the recession? Leave a comment below!
Ferociously delicious & all natural, the way nature intended!
Spoiling your dog doesn’t have to cost you an arm & a leg. Please make sure to check out our growing selection of dog treats, dog chews, and of course our bully sticks. Our mission is to provide high quality Bully Sticks, Dog Treats, and Dog Chews at great prices.
A picture is worth a thousand words, or shall we say free bully sticks!
Our photo gallery is growing constantly, please submit a photo of your dog enjoying any of our products to enter our twice monthly contest! Each month we will have a drawing on those customers who submitted pictures to the gallery and a winner will be chosen and posted on the site. The winner will win more bully sticks!