Does your dog or cat have a belly bulge? Obesity is not just a human problem it a major health issue that man’s best friend must face. Sedentary lifestyle & overeating can cause your pet to become pudgy. Being overweight & unfit can prove detrimental to Fido or Felix overall health, happiness & well being. Obesity can lead to many forms of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, death and other health issues that could be avoided. Remember your pets health is in your hands, so take the fitness buddy challenge today and get your pet in shape. So how can you tell if your dog is overweight?
1. The “Rib Test” is the easiest way to tell if your pet is overweight. Run your hand across his side to see if you can feel his ribs. If you can’t feel his ribs, your pet is overweight. Your dogs ribs should not be visually noticeable, but easily felt. If the ribs are visually noticeable then your pet is underweight and in need of a an extra helping. Remember to consult your vet if dog is overweight or underweight for proper care & diagnosis. Unexplained weight loss or gain can signal more serious underlining health issues.
*From a birds eye view a desirable weight is indicated by some indentation behind the rib cage, depicting an hourglass shape.
2. Feel your dog’s hips. Anything more than light fleshiness indicates that your dog is above normal weight.
3. Check your dog for a trim abdomen. Take a look at your pet’s belly. If it is protruding beneath the rib-cage, your pet is probably overweight. The abdomen should be clearly defined and tucked up higher than the rib-cage.
4. Weighing your pet is a way to measure the starting point of a weight-loss plan. Step on the weight yourself and note your weight. Then if your dog is small enough you can step on the scale holding your pet. Noting the total weight subtract your weight from the total weight while holding your pet to find your pets weight.
Fortunately, there are thing you can do to get your pets weight under control. Start 2010 off on the right foot by getting trim, slim & in shape with your furry exercise buddy. Reduce your pet pounds with daily walks & a nutritional diet, interactive dog toys, low calorie treats, portion control and swearing off human food. Getting you & your pet off the couch and outdoors can do wonders to shed the pounds while nurturing the human pet bond.
Give the gift of a good chew. Delicious & all natural, the way nature intended!
Please make sure to check out our growing selection of dog treats, dog chews, and of course our bully sticks . Try our NEW Odorless Odor free all natural free range bully sticks!
Take The Guessing Out Of Gift Giving With A Best Bully Stick Gift Certificate!
But what do you do for the pampered pup or feline that has everything? Hmmm..For the pet that has everything give a Best Bully’s Gift Certificate and take the guessing out of gift giving! This is a great way for you to give that furry special someone in your life or loving pet owner a special gift by allowing them to select the exact products their furry companion are looking for.
The Benefits of Gift Cards!
1. Since very few people will actually tell you what they truly want as a gift, a gift card can eliminate the disappointment that is evident when you get someone something that they do not enjoy. With a gift card, the receiver is free to pick out whatever they choose, instead of relying on your psychic abilities to provide a good present.
2. Gift cards make perfect last minute presents. Whether you are celebrating the arrival of a new pet, bark-day, or the howliday’s gift cards are great for any occasion.
3. Foolproof white elephant gift that anyone could appreciate. Perfect for any secret gift exchange.