Is your dog keeping you up all night with his restless snoring? All that snoring and lack of a good nights sleep is leaving you both grumpy, tired and having people call you Mr. Grouchy Pants. Snoring occurs when their is an obstruction in the nasal passage or nostrils that causes airway constriction. It’s time to retire those earplugs and get to the root of the problem. Here are few reasons why dog’s snore and tips on how to remedy the situation so you both can get your beauty sleep.
Why Do Dogs Snore?
1. Obesity. Overweight or obese dog’s have a higher risk of suffering from excessive snoring. They tend to have excess tissue in their throat which causes the obstruction that blocks the airways.
2. Allergies. Allergens like pollen, dust and smoke are a leading cause of nasal allergies. As a result the mucus blocks the nostrils and causes heavy breathing.
3. Breed Specific. Certain dog breeds are predisposed to snoring such as Pekinese, Pugs, Boston Terriers. Dogs with short, narrow nostrils have to work harder to breathe than most other dogs. These breeds are known to snore as their windpipe flattens which makes it difficult to breathe.
4. Second-hand Smoke. Tobacco smoke is a big irritant that can cause your dog to snore. If you want your dog to quit snoring then you will need to put down the pack or take it outside. Make your home a smoke free environment.
5. Sickness. If your pet is battling a cold & stuffy nose then he might snore in his sleep until his nostrils are clear.
Tips on How to Stop Your Dog From Snoring
1. Clear the Air. If allergens is the culprit make sure you clean your dogs bedding every day. Take your dog on walks and outdoors when the pollen levels are low. Vacuum & dust regularly to rid your home of dust mites that may lurk under your couch, rug and curtains.
2. Diet & Exercise. Get your dog up off the couch and outdoors for a good romp and play. Regular exercise will reduce your dogs weight, get you both in shape but and get the snoring problem under control.
3. Get a Snout job. Often times if snoring persist a vet checkup may be in order. Often times a small nasal surgery may be conducted on breeds predisposed to snoring during puppy years.
4. Purchase a Round Bed. Try to change the way your dog sleeps by either changing his bed or his sleeping posture. Dog’s snore when they lie on their backs. By using a round, snug bed you will force the dog to sleep in a curled up position.
5. Prop up Your Dogs Head with a Pillow. Use pillow to elevate your dogs head which may help to reduce your dogs snoring not to mention the number of times you awaken tossing and turning in the night.
6. No Smoking Zone. Second hand smoke not only affects the health and well being of children but pets also. Avoid smoking next to your dog. Keep him in a smoke free environment.
From Sushi, Espy and the entire Best Bully Sticks pack we wish you all sweet dreams!
BEST BULLY STICK HAPPENING UPDATES!!
Introducing Best Bully Sticks Rescue/Shelter $1 Donation Program!
Help Best Bully Sticks lend a helping paw to worthy animal shelters and rescues around the country who are dedicated to the safety and protection of animals. Please donate a $1.00 at checkout to Rescues and Shelters in Need around the country.
How It Works!
*Best Bully Sticks will match dollar for dollar. For every $1 you donate at checkout we will donate a $1 (i.e. If 500 customers donate a $1.00 for a total $500 Best Bully Sticks match the contributions raised)
*All the money raised will be donated to animal rescues & shelters (100% no administration fees) and audited by a Third party
*Donations raised by you will be given to 3 different rescues monthly. All money donated will be shown publicly and organizations that benefit will be announced on our blog.
*We will interact via contests, story submissions, guest blogs, etc with animal rescue and shelters for their chance to be one of the 3 organizations donated to each month.
NEW! PRICE-MATCH GUARANTEE!
We are so confident that we offer the best prices at www.bestbullysticks.com that we now match ANY online vendor price on any item we sell!
If you find anything on bestbullysticks.com for less on another website (excluding Amazon and Ebay), let us know and we’ll credit the difference to you. It must be the same item. For bulk items, we’ll try our best to match the price. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to take advantage of this great new service.
Refer-A-Friend now offering a 6% discount per referral